get-involved

Let’s work together. Get involved!

What should I make next?

What are you making?

If you want to work together or you are making something cool, let me know. Perhaps we can all work together and I will post it up.

8 comments for “Let’s work together. Get involved!

1. Paul
    January 20, 2016 at 19:21

…………………………………………………………………………………………………
    End of code.}

Hallo Dave,

Please try and compile this code I am having Trouble with something which was not a Problem with the previous code which was exacly the same :-(

Regards,

Paul

• David Watts
      January 20, 2016 at 19:27

Hi Paul,

Can you upload your code as a zip when you comment? The formatting get ruined when posting.

• David Watts
      January 20, 2016 at 19:30

Also, you can get my email address here – https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavidJWatts/about – if it is easier

2. Paul
    January 19, 2016 at 13:56

Hi Dave, Thanks, I have now managed to get your origninal code on the SD Card. It seems to work but the coordinates appear to be south of my Location. Perhaps this is due to low sats. I would like to send you the code but I don’t know how. I have tried compiling your new code but get a mistake I don’t understand….beginner!!

• David Watts
      January 19, 2016 at 20:16

Hi Mate,

I should have compiled that, I forgot I was using a string array and so in the ‘if’ statement I was trying to compare a a String to an Int. Fixed and new link.

• Paul
        January 20, 2016 at 09:41

Thanks Dave, I will give it a try. Do you know if the U-Blox should blick green or is solid green when a good fix is achieved?
        Thank you very much for your Patience and kindness.

Paul

3. Paul
    January 18, 2016 at 16:24

Hi David,
    I am a complete beginner with Arduino but I am trying to develop a GPS using &GPGGA and &GPRMC. These should give me enouh data to write the following to an SD Card and then let me read out the Card to Google earth to see the GPS Ttrack. I want to use it on a model Aeroplane. I Need the Position the height and whether the Sats are fixed so that the SD Card only recorde when I have a SAT fix. I have used your code and it works, what Ireally Need for the next step would be to attach my SD Card board and record the data coming in from the GPS. Could you Change your code so that the two NMEA lines are read and shown on the Monitor, when I have These variables I think I could write the code for saving to an SD Card. I will send the code to you when it works. As I said please Keep it simple because I am getting on for 70 years old.
    Best Wishes Paul